Friday, December 7, 2012

Taste of Love

"Sat down to an extraordinarily tasty lunch today. Started with the wild rice dish. One of my favorites. The warmth and affection baked-in seemed to dance on my taste buds. While not the first time I have had this sensation with one of her specialty dishes, today's lunch stood out. The joy of receiving this gift from her is, literally, indescribable (I suspect less so as I become more adept at articulating the joy that is eating).

"I so seldom write about food. Maybe that should change. At the moment I am doing this, I am gazing at the half-eaten bowl of bean soup she made to complement the rice. No hurry to consume such culinary beauty (important to us nervous eaters). Though a solitary meal tonight, I did not and do not feel alone. It is that good."

© 2012 Buzz Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment