Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Hypervigilant

When I was playing football in high school, I got to see what the term, “hearing footsteps” meant in the game.

I played three years and suffered a concussion in a game. I played in the following games but I was never the same.

Thought below the level of consciousness has consequences. Not just in football. Generically, "Worried about being worried." Has a recursional ring about it. And don't forget the vast stores of the subconscious in the equation...

Think about being "too sensitive" to clues in environment that may mean some sort of danger. Imagination in the counterproductive state.

"I can't yet conclude which were precursors and which were not in the many times that occurred in my past. Recently, I have been able to look more objectively at my distant memories. The time marker for their discovery is generally my stroke recovery."

© 2013 Buzz Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment