Thursday, April 30, 2015

Executive Decision

Seems like the machine is right this time - BIPAP ASV. I felt deep rest last night. The advice from the device clinic and from my co-producer was spot on.

My walking out happened at the precise time for maximum effect. The meeting was for quality and patient safety and was not working while I was in attendance.

Take the prescribed path until it does not work anymore. Escalate. If that fails, top-down. Dealing with human multi-level hierarchies takes a skill that is not well known. Experience has trained me well.

The outcome is a machine that can be programmed for me so I can get enough oxygen during sleep. And that happened without taking too much risk - stopped breathing, not good.

Waiting a week for the report and, soon thereafter, having one at home.

© 2015 Buzz Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment