Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Too Fast


Skipping along the surface not realizing that enough of underlying story was being revealed. Headline news so-to-speak. Before, I fell into this without knowing the cost. After, a serendipitous fresh look, things have changed.

Before I say too much ... there is a litany of comments that come to my mind. I am becoming increasing aware in the value that luminosity.com is having in my recovery. My experience has taught me it is a well designed site. I would have said that even before my recent stoke, but since, something new and important.

My point here is I have now recognized the hazard of "headline junky". This is true at a number of levels. Screening stories at headline level is risky - motive and competence of person writing it is of paramount importance. Editorial policy may trump even that.

© 2013 Buzz Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment