Friday, March 15, 2013

Synthetic Emotion

"When first exposed to the rant, I thought - that could be me.

"Then I realized the implication in what I attempted to describe. A rather deep cognitive effort to fabricate something that was not really there.

"Or was it a fear or regret that emptiness was at the root and the whole thing was denying denial? Recursively stuck in a downward spiral."

"The escape hatch is a function of the innate ability to communicate ... if you can hear me, please reply." A plaintive cry as if no-one could hear.

Soup, too long ignored, did what it has done before, manifest in the mind's perception of the external world. A haunting experience even for the veteran voyager. Perhaps especially so. The much practiced ego learns how to maintain its illusion of unaided authority.

© 2013 Buzz Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment