Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Betrayal

"She preferred innuendo and academic entitlement to heartfelt and respectful public disclosure. Little secrets and 'innocent' deception justified for the greater good?

"Of course, there is much more to the story. We should be open to a compelling argument that those elements would substantially change the trajectory of its net effect."

Afflictive emotion seething for many decades can have a profound effect on an individuating sentient being who happens to be female. Both of the same gender but generations apart.

Hearing this in his soup he commented silently, "I cannot change my past culpability. Further, no useful purpose is served by wallowing in regret and self-loathing for something that has already occurred. But today, I can choose to lay down my life, if necessary, to see first I change, so that others thrive. Then, with such effort appropriately open to those who seek 'better', light another path. Some call it redemption, others grace ... happiness manifest works for me.

"I _will_ find her." (know what it means or discard).

© 2012 Buzz Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment