Friday, February 4, 2011

Morning in Who's America?

"Have you thought about what could have been?"

"I did and it was not long before I had to admit that when I had finally figured out what to do (or at least where to start), I no longer had the necessary influence.

In a time when it was ours.
"Twenty five years or so later, I now realize how tantalizingly close I had come to fulfilling my dream.

"You can imagine my relief in knowing that the campaign to make identification 'friendly' failed back then and, as a result, protected potentially affected people from the my naive assumptions of the time."

This interview was more than just rock and roll. With 'real' folk music you get their attention with numbers and a show of unity riding on the fuel of youthful lust and feelings of collective omnipotence but then ... Who is going to clean up the mess without losing the breakthrough?

"I've given it a lot of thought. The raw stream-of-thought is documented in the place we have been discussing."

"How can I help?"

"I am not sure that you can but I suspect it would be worth -our- while to find out." He emphasized that word because he could not assume it would be apparent."

© 2011 Buzz Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment