Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lets Play Radio

As some of you know, I am a student of the communications revolution (with apologies to all who consider that inflammatory rhetoric). Through a concerted effort to 'friend' a relatively small number of individuals that span some pivotal dimensions (age, right/left political, gender, economic etc.) I now have a robust network in place. Using the new organizational technologies in concert with face-to-face interaction, I am able to productively engage our species in a way I never dreamed possible.

Even my creative friends in newspaper, radio and TV have expressed envy in how I am able to do this from the couch at home and select coffee shops. For example, a few friends have reached the pinnacle of radio, morning hosts in major markets and/or syndication. They 'earn' 6 or more digit incomes for working a few hours a day, five days a week. For much of my life, I wanted to go there.

Why, given the options that kind of money implies would they envy me? Money does not constrain this old geezer. The most amazing part of this story is that these low cost tools, collaborators, and a quality of actual caring about each individual's health that can only come from deep friendship are available to EVERYONE. In fact, a wandering friend (you know who you are), got me started. The more who join in using these resources for compassion, the better it gets for each of us.

It may confuse the self-appointed 'leaders' from time to time but I sure do see a sincere smiling face when I look in the mirror. I derive great joy from trying to export what I have discovered.

1 comment:

  1. ... sometimes, when I get in a hurry, what I type makes sense to only me. Hopefully the latest edit makes the foregoing a little less muddy.

    zzz

    ReplyDelete